As we all know that OnePlus 5 will get official Android Oreo update in near future. The report says that the Android O update will start rolling out from October or November. Still, if you are the person who can’t wait to enjoy the features of Android O on your OnePlus 5, then surely you can go with the AOSP 8.0 ROM which is based on Android Oreo.
A very senior XDA developer, updating, has shared this AOSP 8.0 ROM for OnePlus 5. According to the details, the ROM is very much stable for daily uses, however, it may contain some bugs and lag a little. To install this ROM, you at first need root access, so proceed only if you want to root your device.
This AOSP 8.0 ROM is built on Android Oreo, hence it contains almost all the features of it, including picture-in-picture mode and the notification dots. However, the developer has also cleared that there are few features which don’t work in this ROM, but surely those will be added in future updates/upgrades.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- To install this ROM, you require root access of your device.
- This ROM is specifically built for OnePlus 5, so do not try installing on any other devices. You may end up bricking your device.
- This AOSP 8.0 ROM is built on Android Oreo, hence contains almost all the features. But still, it may contain some bugs.
- Changing ROM deletes entire data of your phone, so always create a backup first before doing anything.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery. If not, then charge first before proceeding.
- Follow each and every step mentioned below very carefully. We are not responsible for any mishappening.
Things don’t work/have some issues
- Camera doesn’t work
- Features related to Bluetooth don’t work
- Permissive SELinux
Download AOSP 8.0 ROM for OnePlus 5
- Download AOSP ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download
- Download GApps for this ROM – Download
- Download Magisk – Download
- The first thing you have to do is, go to Settings > Developer Option and turn on “OEM Unlocking” and “USB Debugging”. If you don’t see “Developer Option” in Settings. Go to About Phone and click seven times on “Build Number” and check again.
- Now, download and install ADB and Fastboot on your PC and then restart. If you already have, skip this step.
- Once the installation is completed, go to the installation directory and find “adb” folder. For Windows, go to C > adb. You will find, adb.exe and fastboot.exe inside the folder.
- Now, download the AOSP 8.0 ROM and extract it in “adb” folder.
- Once done, press and hold “Shift” key and then “Right-Click” using mouse or touchpad, on the blank space of window (under “adb” folder). And then Click on the “Open Command Window Here”.
- Now, connect your device to PC and to enter fast-boot mode, use below command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in the fastboot mode, write “fastboot devices” on the command line to check if your device is connected properly. It will return your device’s serial number.
- After checking the connection, if everything is fine. Execute the below commands one by one.
fastboot erase boot fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
- Once is everything is completed. Reboot into recovery mode and wipe data.
- Now, for the last time, reboot your device and it’s now running on AOSP 8.0 ROM.
Enjoy Android 8.0 on OnePlus 5.