After the official launch of Android Oreo, all the developers out there have started developing their custom ROMs which are based on Android 8. Users on the other hand also prefer to go with such custom ROMs because these are very easily available and can give a similar experience. Well, now, we have a latest Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP Custom ROM for Mi Max Users.
Now, one thing you should know that Mi Mix is scheduled officially for Nougat update and as of now some devices have already started receiving the OTA update, however, this is completely based on your region and device model. Still, you wanna taste the Android Oreo features, then surely you can install this custom ROM and enjoy Android O features.
This AOSP ROM is developed by a recognized XDA developer, known as “yshalsager”, who says that the ROM is based on Android Oreo and has almost all features of it. However, still, there are few features which are missing in the ROM, which as per as developer will be added via future updates.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This ROM is specially designed for MI Max Hydrogen and hence do not try to install on other devices as it may damage your device.
- The ROM is based on Android Oreo but it’s not completely stable so you might experience some bugs.
- Changing ROM will delete your entire data, so create a backup. This is mandatory step to follow.
- Check your device’s battery, which should be at least 60% charged. If not, then charge first before installing the ROM.
- Follow each and every step very carefully to avoid any mishappening. We are not responsible for any mishappening to your device.
Things Which Won’t Work After this Update:
As we said that this ROM is not stable, so there are few things which won’t work and the list is:
- Video Recording
- Sometimes Phone gets Automatically Rebooted
Download Android Oreo for Mi Max:
- Download Android Oreo AOSP ROM’s Zip File – Download
- Download AOSP GApps – Download
- Download Patch for Buttons, install only if buttons don’t work – Download
- Download SuperSu – Optional – Download
- Download and install a custom recovery. If you already have one, leave the step. We are here using TWRP Recovery.
- Download the Android Oreo for Mi Max AOSP ROM’s zip file and the GApps from the links given. Transfer it to the phone’s SD card, if downloaded in PC.
- Once done, boot your device in recovery mode. To switch to recovery mode, press Volume Down and Power button simultaneously after switching off the device.
- Once in TWRP, you are advised to create a nandroid backup for safe side, if anything goes wrong while installing this custom ROM.
- Now, you have to do a factory reset. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipes and select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data. Swipe to Confirm wiping.
- Once done, navigate to the AOSP ROM’s zip file and swipe to start the installation. Once everything finishes, flash the GApps zip file.
- Once completing everything, flash the SuperSu. Now, this step is completely optional.
- Now, again you have to wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your device and congrats, your device now runs on AOSP ROM based on Android 8.
Enjoy Android 8 on Mi Max.