Even though it’s a model launched back in 2016, this doesn’t mean that you can’t update the HTC 10 to the latest version of Google’s operating system! After the update was announced as available for Pixel and Nexus devices, developers started working and released Android 8.0 Oreo for HTC 10, in the form of a custom ROM, Pure Fusion OS.
The ROM is now available for downloading, allowing you to try the newest features. It’s worth mentioning that, according to XDA Developers, the ROM is stable enough, so you can use it on your daily driver. However, don’t be surprised if you encounter some bugs from time to time! In order to be able to install Pure Fusion OS for HTC 10, you need to have a rooted phone, with TWRP installed.
Warnings & Requirements
Before starting the actual installation process, there are a few aspects you should consider, in order to avoid any complications throughout it:
- This ROM is just for the HTC 10, so don’t try it for other phones. It won’t work!
- You’re about to install an initial Oreo build, which contains bugs.
- The installation process will completely erase the data on your phone. Our recommendation is to take a full backup of the phone and only then proceed.
- The phone’s battery level needs to be somewhere around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, which can occur during the process.
- Please follow all the steps below correctly, otherwise, you risk bricking your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage inflicted to your phone.
Download Android 8.0 Oreo For HTC 10
Here you can find the download links for all the packages you need in order to complete the installation:
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for HTC 10 – Download (Development Page)
- Gapps For HTC 10 – Download
- Magisk for HTC 10 – Download
Install Android 8.0 Oreo on HTC 10
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery. If you already were done, you can continue with the Step 2.
Step 2: Download the Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM for HTC 10 from above, as well as the GApps package, then save them on the phone.
Step 3: Boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 4: Enter TWRP and create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended, so you can restore the data, in case something goes wrong.
Step 5: Do a Factory Reset, by going to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Here, select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data. Swipe in order to confirm.
Step 6: Go to Install and look for the Android 8.0 Oreo for HTC 10 ROM zip file. Swipe in order to begin the installation. After the process is completed, repeat the same step for the GApps file.
Step 7: Go again to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, but select only Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 8: Reboot the phone.
All set! You have successfully managed to install the latest Android 8.0 Oreo for HTC 10 custom ROM. If you have any problems or want to share some thoughts about how it worked, drop a few lines in the comments section below!