If you own a Huawei Honor 5X, you can now easily enjoy all the new features brought by Android 7.1 Nougat, after installing the CM14.1 Mokee ROM. It is an unofficial alpha build, so it may contain some bugs, but it’s still OK for daily use. In order to find out how to install CM14.1 ROM for Honor 5X, simply follow the instructions below!
Even though it’s missing some important CM features, they will be added over time. In the meantime, you can try new Android 7.1 Nougat ones, like Privacy Guard, Live-display, Profiles, Protected app and many more!
Warnings & Requirements
Before proceeding with the update, here are a few aspects you should consider:
- This custom ROM is just for the Honor 5X, so don’t try installing it on another device, as it won’t work at all.
- As mentioned above, it’s an initial alpha build, so you will, most likely, deal with some bugs.
- The update process will erase all your data, so it’s recommended to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid losing important stuff.
- Make sure that your battery level is at least 50%, otherwise you might experience an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the steps above correctly, otherwise there’s the risk of bricking your phone.
Download Andriod 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 For Honor 5X
Install Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 On Honor 5X
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery for your phone, then install it. If you already have one, you can skip to step 2.
Step 2: Download the CM14.1 ROM for Honor 5X, and save it on your phone.
Step 3: Download the Gapps package and save it on your device.
Step 4: Boot your Honor 5X into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power Button.
Step 5: After entering the Recovery mode, while in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup, in case something goes wrong.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data. Swipe in order to confirm the Factory Reset.
Step 7: Go to Install and locate the CM14.1 ROM for Honor 5X .zip file and swipe in order to begin the installation. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 8: Repeat the step above for the Gapps package and the Temporary Wi-Fi fix. The latter can be downloaded from here.
Step 9: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe again, but this time select only Wipe cache and Dalvik cache. Swipe in order to confirm.
Step 10: Reboot your phone.
And you’re all done. You have successfully managed to install CM14.1 ROM for Honor 5X. The entire process is very simple, but if you’re facing any difficulties during the installation process or have any questions, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few lines in the comments section below.