As we all know that Nokia 5 comes with Android Nougat out of the box and it is believed to get Android 8.0 OTA update in future. However, we are not here to talk about Android Oreo update, but to talk about the latest security patch update of Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 5.
There is a possibility that you would have already updated your device to Android 7.1.1 over-the-air. But if you haven’t received OTA update yet, then surely you can download the official update from here and install manually on your device. Here we are discussing how to install this update manually on Nokia 5.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This update is only for Nokia 5 TA-1053, so trying to install on other devices would be harmful.
- Installing this update won’t delete your data. However, for safe side, you must create a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60% charged.
- Follow each and every step very carefully. We are not responsible for any mishappening.
Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 5
- Download September Update for Nokia 5 – Download
- Download August Update for Nokia 5 – Download
- Download July Update for Nokia 5 – Download
- Download June Update for Nokia 5 – Download
- Download the “Update Zip File” for Nokia 5 and transfer it into device’s storage.
- Now, boot your device in Recovery Mode. To get into Recovery Mode, press Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously after switching the device off.
- Once you are in recovery mode, select the option “Apply Update from SDCard”.
- Now, navigate to the downloaded zip file and select it.
- Wait, until the full installation completes.
- Once done. Reboot your device and now your device is running on Android 7.1.1.
- Turn on “USB Debugging” from Developer Option under Settings panel. If you don’t find “Developer Option”, go to About Phone and click seven times on “Build Number”.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download the “Update Zip File” for Nokia 5 and transfer it to the folder named “adb” in the installation directory.
- Now, turn off your device and boot in Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously.
- Once in Recovery Mode, select “Apply Update from ADB”.
- Now, connect your device to the PC on which ADB is installed.
- Go to the “adb” folder on your PC (under installation directory) and press and hold “Shift” button and Right-Mouse-Click, at the black space of the Window. Select “Open Command Window Here”.
- On the command line, write “adb devices” to check if your device is connected properly. If you find your device, everything is working fine.
- Now, execute the command “adb sideload File_Name.zip”, by replacing the “File_Name.zip” with the actual file name of the downloaded zip file.
- Wait until the installation finishes.
- Reboot your device and your device now runs on Android 7.1.1.
Enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Nokia 5