After Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat update, developers started working at custom ROMs, so users who don’t own a Nexus will also be able to enjoy the update. Thanks to the XDA Developers community, you can now download and install Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi 3 and Mi 4 with ease, as long as you have a rooted phone, with a TWRP Custom Recovery installed.
However, it’s worth mentioning that we’re talking about an alpha build, which is missing a lot of features, but the developers claim that it’s still good for daily use. Also, the update contains bugs, but it will be improved over time, so you can enjoy the complete Android 7.0 Nougat experience on your Mi 3 or Mi 4.
If you want to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Mi 3 or Mi 4, you should know that there are specific features that don’t work:
- Video recording
- You aren’t able to use the Clock app for viewing world cities
- When activating Now on Tap, you won’t be able to use SystemUI FC. However, this can be fixed if you activate the navigation bar, by using build.prop modification.
Also, here are a few requirements you need to consider:
- The ROM will work just for the Mi 3 and Mi 4. Don’t install it on other devices.
- The updating process will completely erase your data, so it’s advisable to perform a complete backup, in order to avoid unpleasant situations.
- Make sure that your phone has a battery level of above 60% before starting. However, our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery, in order to avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Follow all the instructions below correctly, otherwise you risk damaging your phone or even bricking it.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat For Mi 3 and Mi 4 – Download
Download ZeurionX Kernal – Download
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Mi 3 and Mi 4
Step 1: Make sure your phone has a custom recovery installed. If it does, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Mi 3 or Mi 4 zip file and save it on your device.
Step 3: Download the ZeurionX Kernal and save it on your device.
Step 4: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Gapps file and save it on your device. Here – Download Gapps For CM14 ROM/Android 7.0 Nougat
Step 5: Boot your Mi 3 or Mi 4 into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down Volume Down + the Power Button
Step 6: After entering Recovery Mode, create a Nandroid backup in TWRP, in case something goes wrong.
Step 7: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data. Swipe in order to confirm the Factory Reset.
Step 8: Go to Install and locate the Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi 3 or Mi 4 zip file. Swipe in order to start installing the ROM. The process should take around 10 minutes.
Step 9: Repeat Step 8 for the ZeurionX Kernal and the Gapps files.
Step 10: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, but select only Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 11: Reboot your device.
And you’re done!
You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi 3 or Mi 4. If you’re dealing with any issues during the installation process, feel free to drop us a few lines, using the comments section below.