Recently, Google started rolling out the consumer version of its latest OS, but it’s officially available just for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 Wi-Fi and the Google Pixel C. But we have some great news for you: you can now Download And install Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus One as well!
Even though it was released two years ago, the OnePlus One is still an amazing phone, being able to handle even some of the most demanding apps. Out of the box, it came with CyanogenMod 13, but it was updated to OxygenOS as soon as the manufacturer released its own custom ROM, based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. However, it’s obvious that everybody wants the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update on it!
In order to do it, your smartphone needs to be rooted and have a TWRP Recovery installed. If you’re good to go, let’s find out how you can get the latest update!
Warnings & Requirements
The Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM for OnePlus one is just an initial alpha build, so it’s missing some features, but this doesn’t mean that it’s not usable. Still, these features will be added over time, while the bugs will be fixed as well, so you can enjoy the fully Nougat experience. Here is the complete list with all the issues the ROM has:
- HW disk encryption doesn’t work, so don’t try it.
- SELinux is currently permissive and is allows service without a SELinus domain to start.
- The GPS may require a longer time to obtain a specific position, but it works.
- It comes only with Launcher2, but you can get others if you want.
- It doesn’t include LiveDisplay and gestures, except DT2W.
Also, before updating, please be aware of the following:
- This custom ROM works only with the OnePlus One. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Follow the steps below correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your phone.
- Installing Android 7.0 Nougat ROM For OnePlus One will completely erase your date, so consider performing a full backup before starting.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50% battery before starting. Our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery, in order to avoid an accidental shutdown.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat For OnePlus One
Install Android 7.0 Nougat On OnePlus One
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery on your phone. If you already have one, skip this step.
Step 2: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM For Oneplus One From Above Link and save it on your device.
Step 3: Download the Gapps pack Here – Download Gapps For CM14 ROM/Android 7.0 Nougat
Step 4: Boot your device into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button.
Step 5: While in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup for all your data.
Step 6: Perform a Factory Reset by going to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and swipe in order to confirm.
Step 7: Go to Install, locate the ROM zip file and swipe in order to install it.
Step 8: Flash the Gapps zip file.
Step 9: Wipe cache and Dalvik cache again.
Step 10: Reboot your device.
You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on OnePlus One. If you have any questions related to the process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.