If you live in India, you should know that the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Moto G4 Plus is currently rolling out over the air, after the soak test versions were initially released. The stable version brings all the new features, as well as bug fixes and the November security patch, so if you can’t wait until you will receive the official notification to update, you can also do it manually, by simply following the instructions below.
Google’s new operating system, which can be installed on the Moto G4 as well, manually, brings tons of new features, some of the most important being:
- A new notifications system
- New messaging apps
- Seamless update
- Vulkan API
Important Note –
Please consider these aspects before starting:
- This update is just for the XT1643 variant of the handset, so don’t try it on other models or different devices, since it won’t work.
- You need to have the latest version of the Marshmallow firmware in order to be able to update your phone. On the other side, if you’re running the Nougat Soak Test version, first downgrade to Marshmallow, then proceed to installation.
- The update process may erase your data, so perform a full backup before starting, otherwise you risk losing your stuff.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery level is around 50-60%, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the instructions below carefully!
Download Android 7.0 Nougat For Moto G4 Plus (XT1643)
Download Nougat OTA File For Moto G4 Plus (XT1643) – Download
Download Moto G4 Plus Nougat OTA (Mega) – Download
Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Moto G4 Plus (XT1643)
Step 1: Go to Settings > About Phone and tap the Build Number 7 times, in order to enable the Developer Options menu.
Step 2: From Developer Options, enable the USB Debugging feature.
Step 3: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat for Moto G4 Plus .zip file, and save it on your phone’s microSD card.
Step 4: Reboot your Moto G4 Plus in Recovery Mode and from the menu, select the ‘Apply update from SD card’ option.
Step 5: Select the file you just downloaded and the installation process will begin. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to be completed.
Step 6: Once it’s ready, just reboot your Moto G4 Plus.
And you’re all done!
You have successfully managed to install Android 7.0 Nougat for Moto G4 Plus! As you can see, the process is very simple, but it’s not excluded for some users to deal with some issues throughout the installation. If this happens to you, please contact us, using the comments section below!