After Google released the consumer version for Nexus users, developers started working at custom ROMs based on Nougat, working on the LG G3 D850 and D855, as well as the T-Mobile version, D851. Therefore, you can easily download and install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on LG G3.
Out of the box, the LG G3 comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop, up-gradable to Marshmallow. However, most users definitely want to try Google’s latest dessert, despite the fact that it won’t be officially available, at least not according to the latest rumors. But this shouldn’t be an issue, as you can try a custom ROM with ease. Below you can find everything you need to know in order to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on LG G3!
Warnings & Requirements
- In order to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on LG G3, the phone needs to be rooted and have TWRP Recovery installed.
- This ROM is an initial Nougat alpha build, so don’t ignore the possibility of experiencing some issues. However, the ROM is usable to a certain limit and it will be improved over time.
- It works just with the LG G3 D850, D851 and D855. Don’t use it on other devices.
- If you want to install the ROM on the LG G3 D855, you also need to flash kernel and rebump script.
- Follow each of the steps below correctly, otherwise you risk completely damaging your phone.
- The updating process will erase your entire data, so it’s advisable to perform a complete backup of your phone before proceeding.
- Make sure your phone has a battery level of at least 60% before updating. Our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat For LG G3 (D850, D855)
Download Android 7.0 Nougat For LG G3 (T-Mobile)
Install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on LG G3
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery on your phone. If you already have it, skip this step.
Step 2: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for LG G3.
Step 3: Download the Gapps package Here – Download Gapps For Android 7.0 Nougat
Step 4: Boot your device into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button.
Step 5: After entering Recovery mode, create a Nanrdoid backup in TWRP, in order to avoid any unpleasant situations.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data. Swipe in order to confirm.
Step 7: Go to Install and search for the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for LG G3 zip file. Swipe in order to start the installation process. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 8: After the installation is ready, flash the Gapps zip file.
Step 9: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select cache and Dalvik cache again. Swipe to confirm.
Step 10: Reboot your device.
And that’s it.
You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on LG G3. If you have any questions related to the updating process, feel free to drop us a few lines, using the comments section below!