Despite being the manufacturer’s flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge hasn’t received the Android 7.0 Nougat update yet, but it will happen very soon, since the latest beta version of the update was just released. Currently, it’s rolling out via the air, but you can also update it manually. Therefore, if you want to install Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 6 for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you’re in the right place, since we made a quick tutorial about this!
The ROM is pre-rooted, using SuperSU and Knox was removed, as well as all bloatware apps. Here is a complete list with all the features it brings:
- It includes the Encrypted S7/S7 Edge kernel.
- The latest ZPLM bootloader/modem for S7/S7 Edge is also included (automatic flash only when detected G9350F or G935F no risk of brick)
- Busyboxed v1.25.1
Here are a few details you should consider before starting the installation process:
- The firmware you’re about to install is just for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F/FD), so don’t try installing it on another device.
- The update may erase the data on your phone, so it’s highly advisable to perform a full backup of your phone before starting.
- Please check your battery level and make sure it’s around 50-60%, in order to prevent an accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Follow the instructions below correctly!
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 6 For Galaxy S7 Edge & Galaxy S7
Download Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat Beta 6 Firmware
-> Download Nougat Beta 6 (G935FXXU1ZPLN) For Galaxy S7 Edge – Download
-> OTA Fix For Galaxy S7 Edge – Download
Download Galaxy S7 Nougat Beta 6 Firmware
-> Download Nougat Beta 6 (G935FXXU1ZPLN) For Galaxy S7 – Download
-> OTA Fix For Galaxy S7 – Download
Install Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 6 On Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Step 1: First of all, you need a custom recovery on your phone. If you already have it, you can skip this step and proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Download the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Nougat ROM and OTA fix, and save it on your phone.
Step 3: Boot your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + the Power Button.
Step 4: After entering Recovery Mode, in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
Step 5: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data. Swipe in order to confirm the Factory Reset.
Step 6: Go to Install and search for the Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 6 for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge ROM .zip file. Swipe in order to begin the installation, which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 7: After you’re done with flashing the ROM, repeat the same step for the OTA fix file.
Step 8: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and this time, select only Wipe Cache & Dalvik cache.
Step 9: Reboot your phone.
And you’re all done! You have successfully managed to install Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 6 on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If you have any questions about this process or encounter any issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!