Even though the new Mate 9 was just released, the Huawei Mate 8 is still a very good smartphone, able to run even the most demanding apps. Also, if you want to enjoy the latest version of Google’s operating system, we have some good news for you: you can easily install Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09/L29).
The beta version of the update is already available for the European version of the handset, but you can also flash it on the Middle East version, following the instructions below!
Here are a few details about the Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09/L29) update, which you should know before installing it:
- Device – Huawei Mate 8
- Model – NXT-L09 & L29
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B520
- Build Number – NXT-L09C185B520/NXT-L29C185B520
- Region – Middle East
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.4 GB
Warnings & Requirements
Before proceeding to installation, make sure you consider the following aspects:
- The firmware is just for the NXT-L09 and NXT-L29 versions of the Huawei Mate 9, so don’t try installing it on another device, since it won’t work.
- In order to be able to install it, your Mate 9 needs to be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The updating process may erase the data on your phone, so our recommendation is to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery level is at least 50%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown.
- Follow all the steps below correctly! Skipping one of them might result in bricking your phone.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat (B520) For Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09/L29)
Android 7.0 Nougat For Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09) – Download
Android 7.0 Nougat For Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29) – Download
Install Android 7.0 Nougat (B520) on Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09/L29)
Step 1: First of all, make sure your Mate 8 has an unlocked boot loader and a custom recovery installed. If you already have these, skip this step and proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat (B520) for Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09/L29) ROM, and save it on your device.
Step 3: Boot your Mate 8 into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + the Power button.
Step 4: As soon as you enter the Recovery Mode, create a Nandroid backup, in order to have all your data saved, if anything goes wrong.
Step 5: Go to Install and search for the ROM .zip file. Swipe in order to begin the installation process and wait until it’s completed. Usually, it should take around 10 minutes.
Step 6: Perform a Factory Reset of your Mate 8.
Step 7: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 9: Reboot your device.
And that’s it! You have successfully managed to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09/L29). Like always, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below, if you’re facing any issues regarding the installation or have any questions!