Xiaomi recently released MIUI 9 update for several devices. Even though the update is out, it still contains some bugs and minor issues. If you are one of those people who has upgraded your Xiaomi Device to MIUI 9 and does not want to use it anymore for whatever reasons, you can downgrade from MIUI 9 TO MIUI 8 here.
For users who want to downgrade their Xiaomi devices from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8, we have listed an easy to follow installation guide. Kindly scroll down to find the downloads and below that is the guide to show you how to downgrade your Xiaomi devices from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8. If you face any troubles, do consult us in the comment section.
- The downgrade process will eradicate all the data on your device, therefore, do not forget to take a full backup of your important data.
- Charge your device to at least 40-50% to avoid accidental shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Follow every step correctly else you might brick your device.
Resources For Downgrading MIUI 9 To MIUI 8
How To Downgrade MIUI 9 To MIUI 8
- Firstly, Download the MIUI 8 Recovery ROM for your Xiaomi device from the download section on your device.
- Now, boot your Xiaomi phone into TWRP recovery.
- Click the Install button and choose the downloaded package and swipe right to apply the update.
- Let the installation finish and then again swipe right to clean the residual files from installation.
- Reboot your Xiaomi device and enjoy the new MIUI 8 update.
- Right off the bat, Download Mi Flash Tool here – Mi Flash, and install it on your PC.
- Now, download MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM for your Xiaomi device and store it on your computer.
- To start, boot your Xiaomi into Fastboot mode. It should be possible by squeezing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ keys together.
- Connect your phone to the PC in which you installed the Mi flash tool.
- Presently, we have to copy the folder path, for instance, it could be something like “C://client/ObeyGeek/MIUI 8 update/”
- After that is done, we have to launch the MI Flash Tool and paste the folder path we just copied.
- Then, tap on the “refresh” button to give it a chance to perceive your Xiaomi device and tap the “Flash” button to begin installing MIUI 8 fastboot ROM on Xiaomi devices.
- As the procedure completes, reboot your phone and appreciate the most recent MIUI 8 update on your Xiaomi smartphone.